In short, the answer to this question is yes; laminate flooring is suitable for a restaurant. While that is a simple answer, there is much more to it if you want to ensure that laminate flooring is appropriate for your restaurant. There are many aspects to take into consideration and several steps that need to be applied in order for the flooring to be done right.
The first step is to choose a flooring company with experience. Experience means they are familiar with this type of flooring and know how to install it properly. Take the time to visit places that have laminate flooring so that you can see the results in a commercial setting and ask questions. Research will help you select a reputable company who can do the job right.
Next, you’ll want to assess your space to decide on the type of laminate flooring. There are a few options when it comes to laminate, so take the time to decide what type and design you are after. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, you’ll need to figure out if the one you’ve chosen is suitable for a restaurant.
Laminate flooring has many benefits, including:
● It mimics real wood so your restaurant will look beautiful with floors that are smooth and polished.
● It is incredibly durable thanks to the materials it is made from. This makes it perfect for areas that see high foot traffic.
● It has a layer of resin, making it very tough which is ideal in a restaurant setting because it will help prevent scratches and stains.
● It is very easy to install, even on a commercial scale.
● It comes in a large variety of colours so you have a lot of options when it comes to aesthetics.
● It is an affordable option, especially when compared to other types of flooring.
● It is very easy to clean, which makes it ideal for a restaurant.
While these are all great qualities you must also keep the following in mind:
● Laminate flooring is more suitable in the restaurant and lounge area as opposed to the kitchen because water, heat and oils are everywhere in a restaurant kitchen and can destroy the flooring. While laminate is durable, it is not indestructible, so avoid installing it in a busy kitchen.
● Consider the type of furniture you will be placing on the laminate floors as well as their weight. You want to make sure your flooring can support the furniture you have selected.
The right company will help you make the right decision so if you need guidance when it comes to commercial flooring, contact Touchtone Canada for all of your home renovation and interior design needs. Located in Edmonton, Touchtone Canada can help with your commercial and residential renovation projects.